I’ve been moved into my dorm for a week and a half now. Dorm life is so fun, but very small. Honestly, the tight quarters are what makes it enjoyable. The fact that I can walk right across the hall to see my friends is pretty fantastic. Since I don’t have much room to live in, I make the most of every inch. Below, I’ve compiled a small list of things that I don’t think I could survive this next year without (along with pictures for ideas).
- My fan that clips onto my bed is an actual luxury. It gets very hot in our room between the heat from the showers, blow dryers, and our large window. This little guy stays out of the way, but provides me with a nice breeze throughout the day.
- The “Amalfi” Brita water pitcher. This is a life saver and fits nicely on the largest shelf of our mini fridge. I like it because it keeps us from having water bottles scattered all over our room, and you can pour however much you want to drink at a time.
- A stool that I got from Walmart. We lofted our beds and put our dressers under them, in order to clear up some floor space. I have relatively short legs and at the end of the day, I’m too tired to literally jump into my bed. So, I bought this stool. It isn’t the cutest stool, but it’s a good height and it folds up if I need to get it out of the way.
- This bathroom organizer saves us so much space! My roommate and I share a bathroom with our two suite mates. Four girls have a lot of hair and beauty products- definitely too much for our tiny bathroom. So, I got this cheap organizer from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It has kept our bathroom (and more importantly, the shower) free of clutter. Whenever we need shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc., we just pull it out of our basket!
- My bedside table lamp. This is so nice, because it really lights up the room (especially when combined with our desk lamps) and we don’t have to turn on the terrible fluorescent lights. It’s also nice when I want to stay up, but my roommate doesn’t. It gives me enough light to see what I’m doing without bothering her too much.
I’m sure this list will grow as the year goes on, but for now, these items have really been life savers. I’ll most likely bring back these things for every other year of college. I hope this list well help out other students in future years as you have to decide what is important to bring!
This is part of my “freshman year series.” So, if you’d like to follow along with my college journey, keep tuning in! To read my previous post in this series, click here.
//For pinterest, please use the image below//