One thing you should know about me is that I’m a procrastinator. However, I was very excited about dorm shopping and did it early, at least in procrastination terms. We visited Home Goods, Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Target and found almost everything I needed! Of course, there are still some items to be checked off of the list, but I’ll get most of them after we move in.
What I’ve gotten so far:
- Duvet cover and insert
- Pottery Barn
- Mattress topper
- I have one similar to this that I use at home It can make any mattress comfy!
- New pillows
- Mine were worn out and flat, so I got a fresh set.
- Power strip with USB ports
- It was priced at $14.99 when I bought it in the store!
- Command Hooks
- We aren’t allowed to put nails or screws in the wall, so these are the best alternative!
- Also, buy more than you think you’ll need, because you will need them.
- Bathroom storage with boxes
- This will be great because four of us share a bathroom- everyone gets a basket to keep their toiletries in!
- Coffee Maker
- I can’t live without coffee, so this was on the “essentials” list.
- Caldrea “Sweet Pea” Room Spray and Hand Soap
- This will be much better than having to pull out an iron and ironing board every time something gets wrinkled.
Obviously this list could go on forever, but these are the most important items that I bought.
What I need to get:
- Rolling cart for food
- I really like this one from IKEA
- Although, my roommate and I are still unsure if we’ll use it, so we may never get one.
I’m sure that after the first week or so, I’ll realize that I need so much more! What I have so far should be a good start though! What did you use in your dorm that you didn’t think of at the beginning?
//For Pinterest, please pin the image below//